The Education and Scholarship Committee chair is Cory Horton (6/30/2024), R.A. Smith. The Education and Scholarship Committee currently has several active programs underway.
The Education and Scholarship Committee shall facilitate education and training opportunities for Chapter members and their employees in support of the following two Chapter purposes:
- Advancement of the theory and practice of the design, construction, maintenance, management, and operation of public works facilities and services;
- Dissemination of information and experience to promote improved practices in public works administration.
Detailed information for each program is accessible via the links below:
- APWA Wisconsin Chapter Scholarships
- Public Works Supervisory Academy
- Public Works Management Institute
- Training Benefits Reimbursement
Wisconsin Chapter Lunch N Learn Program
The committee also hosts an ongoing series of Lunch N Learn programs for continuing education credit. Each program is scheduled over a noon hour, and is available at no charge for APWA members or $10 for non-members.
Session Input Form: Submitting a topic for presentation at one of our conferences, workshops or Lunch N Learn series? All presentation topics need to be submitted using the Chapter’s Session Input Form that provides the correct format and content needed for APWA National’s review and CEU certification.
The input form is an Excel spreadsheet file and can be accessed here:
APWA WI Session Input Form 2023